You’ll find here free sales training articles and tutorials, checklists and sales tips, as well as links to our sales training books --- all focused on Selling Face to Face.
The free sales training articles and tutorials here are adapted from the courses and workshops I developed on contract for the “sales universities” of world-class marketing companies such as Xerox in the United States and abroad, Kodak, Motorola, Sylvania, Bank of America, and others . . . as filtered through my own experience in marketing consulting services.
The aim is to provide practical sales training across the spectrum from beginners (starting up new businesses, or making career changes) to experienced sales people looking for fresh approaches, or hoping to gain the kind of professional selling skills they would have developed as attendees in big company sales training programs.
In the free sales training articles here, and in the related books, we cover topics including,
- Finding and getting through to sales prospects
- Telephone etiquette in getting past screens
- Sales cold calling: when, when not, and how
- Consultative selling— selling by asking smart questions
- Helping sales prospects become more aware of the value of filling needs
- Ways of closing sales
- Handling objections, questions, and hesitations.
- The how-to of Sales presentations and demonstrations